Our general policy offers detailed information about guidelines for an event in our conference center. Our goal is to ensure the most seamless, enjoyable, and safe function. Please contact us with any questions.
Beer, wine, and liquor are permitted.
All aspects related to alcoholic beverage distribution and consumption at planned events must be in compliance with the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission.
The CCACC Event Coordinator will review all requests for events that include alcoholic beverages. After the request is reviewed, the event coordinator will notify the event host of approval or denial and address specific issues/concerns that may arise.
- Only approved caterers with a valid and current ABC Off-Premise Beer/Fortified Wine Permit are eligible to procure alcohol for Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center (CCACC) events.
- Brown bagging, cash bars, or the distribution of “drink” tickets are not permitted within or on the CCACC premises.
- When a dinner or meal function does not immediately follow a reception/social where alcohol has been served, the client must coordinate with the caterer to serve heavy hors d’oeuvres including at least two hot hors d’oeuvres.
- Alcohol serving is limited to three hours with no alcohol being served prior to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and 3:00 p.m. on weekends.
- the caterer will be responsible for posting a special occasion permit within the room serving alcohol. Alcoholic beverages must be served and consumed only in the area where the alcohol permit is posted.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be served to anyone under 21 years of age; the caterer is ultimately responsible for verifying the age of any individual served.
- The caterer providing service for a dinner function may serve alcohol if requested by the event host.
- The Event Host must coordinate with the caterer to have bottled or ice water available anytime alcohol is served.
- An additional security deposit of $500 will be held for events where alcohol is served. Requests to serve alcohol must be approved by the Event Coordinator prior to your event.
- The Event Host must hire off duty Chatham County deputies to provide security at the event. Additional requirements may apply depending on the type of event. Failure to comply with regulations will result in cancellation of the event and forfeiture of the security deposit. The legal age to consume alcohol is 21. The Event Host is responsible for any underage drinking during their event. For more information, contact the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Commission, 919.779.0700.
- If alcohol is served (beer, wine, and/or liquor), Event Host must contract security for duration of the event. Contact Chatham County Sheriff’s Office for off-duty officers.
- All events are subject to required or waived security at the discretion of the Chatham County Sheriff.